The buzz around marine-energy and specifically the floating offshore wind sector at the moment is electric and there is a really positive vibe about where this sector is heading. As we continue to grow our engineering services team we have realized the need to bring in additional capacity to support our business development and marketing efforts.
At Blackfish we provide innovative engineering designs for a sustainable future; providing our clients with effective solutions for complex problems. We are a renewable energy engineering consultancy serving marine energy and wind clients to bring our specific engineering knowledge and expertise to this rapidly developing sector. We are experts in our field, covering many aspects of renewable energy development working from offices in England, Scotland and Wales. Our vision is to place offshore renewable energy at the heart of the global energy mix. Our hugely successful track record in tidal stream, wave energy, and offshore wind operations enables us to make a difference and help build a cleaner, better future.
The Business Development and Marketing Associate will be a key driver behind Blackfish Engineering’s digital presence and client acquisition strategy. This role requires an individual to spearhead the company’s digital marketing initiatives, focusing on delivering the content marketing and thought-leadership strategies targeted towards the company’s B2B audience.
The associate will be responsible for efficiently maintaining the company’s WIX website content, managing LinkedIn pages, and orchestrating CRM tools like Hubspot for consistent and impactful email communications. Collaborating closely with the commercial manager, they will devise and implement digital content strategies, ensuring relevance and alignment with renewable energy and engineering terminology.
In addition to their marketing responsibilities, this role extends into business development. The associate will be at the forefront of the sales pipeline, managing automated email communications, qualifying incoming leads, and arranging meetings for the Commercial Manager, ensuring a seamless flow from potential lead to converted client.
Moreover, the associate will immerse themselves in the company's vibrant culture, actively participating in initiatives, and embodying the company's commitment to sustainability and excellence.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Maintain and update the company's WIX website.
· Manage and create content for the company's LinkedIn pages.
· Operate CRM tools like Hubspot for email communications to prospects and existing clients.
· Monitor and analyze KPIs such as content engagement, website engagement, click-through rates, and sales pipeline metrics.
· Set up automated reporting systems for weekly, monthly, and quarterly evaluations.
· Collaborate with the commercial manager to devise and execute a digital content strategy.
· Collaborate with engineering staff to develop content that aligns with the nuances of marine energy, renewable energy and engineering terminology.
· Manage the front end (digital prospecting and qualification steps) of the sales pipeline.
· Automate webform-driven email communications to qualify leads.
· Engage in direct client email communication to qualify incoming leads.
· Actively manage the sales pipeline by coordinating meetings for the Commercial Manager or other subject matter experts to engage with prospects.
· Up-to-date Digital Content: Regularly updated content on the WIX website and LinkedIn pages reflecting the latest company achievements, services, and news.
· Monthly Marketing Reports: Detailed analytics on website engagement, content engagement metrics, click-through rates from LinkedIn and the website, and other relevant KPIs.
· Efficient Sales Pipeline Management: A well-maintained and organized CRM system (Hubspot) showcasing clear progression of leads through the sales funnel.
· Marketing Communication: Weekly and monthly email communications sent out to sales prospects and existing clients without delays.
· Lead Qualification: Timely identification and categorization of qualified leads for the Commercial Manager.
· Automated Reporting Systems: Establishment and maintenance of systems that generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly business development reports.
· Content Calendar: A forward-looking content calendar to guide content creation efforts, ensuring consistent and relevant content delivery.
· Engagement with Company Initiatives: Active participation in company-wide initiatives and events, reflecting the company's commitment to sustainability.
· Increased Client Engagement: Tailoring communication to existing clients to build stronger relationships and increase the value we provide.
· Feedback Collection: Periodic feedback collection mechanisms to understand the efficiency and effectiveness of all MarCom campaigns and strategies.
· Conferences and Events: Support participation at events, organize presentation and stand material, logistics, attendance at events, networking, post event analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Relevant professional experience working in B2B sales, business development and marketing role.
· Background or experience gained in engineering, marine-energy or renewable energy industry advantageous.
· Experience with WIX or similar website platforms like WordPress.
· Familiarity with CRM tools, particularly Hubspot or Salesforce.com.
· Proficiency with email marketing platforms like Hubspot or Mailchimp.
· Passion for sustainability and high standards of work.
· Nimble and self-motivated to fit into our company culture.
· Interest or involvement in cycling would be a plus, given our company's affinity for sustainability and social bike rides.
· This is an office-based role in Bristol, UK with occasional travel (quarterly) to support the business development and marketing team at industry meetings and events.
· Collaboration will be frequent with the engineering staff, as they hold account management roles in the company.
How to apply:
· Interested in joining the team? Submit a cover letter and resume or CV using this web form. https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1se8UqBDeR8K_BUcFuap56wg5x9g